BREAKING: Manny Ramirez suspended 50 games

ESPN is reporting right now that Los Angeles Dodgers star Manny Ramirez has been suspended for 50 games by Major League Baseball for a positive test for a performance-enhancing substance.

Stay tuned here to the Daily Balk for further information.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

An Introduction

Hello everyone!

My name is Shaun Parent. I live in Valparaiso, IN and currenty go to college for Communications, primarily journalism. I was invited to contribute here along with Jim and my "friend" Cory. I use that term loosely for the fact that he is a filthy, rotten Cardinals fan. If you guessed, I am indeed a Chicago Cubs fan.

Last year? One of the worst ways to finish a season. An embarrassment. For a team given such high expectations in the playoffs, the ending to it all was just too rough. I remember being livid on how poorly they played against the Dodgers for about the next week. It was a terrible feeling.

So, here we are now. I write this on the eve of the 2009 MLB season. I'm pumped, I'm excited, I'm ready to do it all over again for the next few months. Get the hot dogs on the grill, pop the popcorn and put mayo on the pizza! Sit me down in front of the television (or in cases where I'm working, near a radio or a cell phone) and let me watch America's Past-time in all its splendor.

I'll be writing about whatever comes to mind during this season. Whether it be the rules, off-field shenanigans, crybaby players or whatever comes around baseball related: Expect me to get my digs and points in.

Also, since I'm an avid gamer, I'll be keeping you cyberathletes up to date with my reviews and comments on MLB video games throughout the season. In fact, I'm playing Major League Baseball 2K9 right now for the Xbox 360. I'll be giving you folks a review later on.

Other than that, I hope you readers will enjoy the content with this new blog. We're certainly looking to add that little something that you don't get with other blogs. Hell, I'd be flattered to get some hate mail every once in a while! Well, not really...

I look forward to writing and entertaining all you readers this season!

No comments: