BREAKING: Manny Ramirez suspended 50 games

ESPN is reporting right now that Los Angeles Dodgers star Manny Ramirez has been suspended for 50 games by Major League Baseball for a positive test for a performance-enhancing substance.

Stay tuned here to the Daily Balk for further information.

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Welcome

I've had this idea in my head for a while to attempt to join the world of sports blogging after many other reading and being a big fan of many other sports blogs. Blogs like Fire Joe Morgan (RIP), Deadspin, and Awful Announcing have been a big part of my daily reading regiment for quite some time now. I love thinking and talking sports with all my friends, and like nothing more than a good debate.

I've always wanted to do a baseball blog to have some fun with and to get myself and some friends of mine out there. These friends of mine are some of the funniest and best writers I know. I've been a Cubs fan for my whole life, and while I may still be young, it still hurts missing golden chances both last year and the Bartman year.

At the beginning of this, my friend Cory will be writing here too. He's a Cardinals fan and we've known each other for many years. Somehow we still get along, despite him thinking Chris Carpenter is a better pitcher than Carlo Zambrano. (You're wrong, Cory.) We'll be adding writers in the coming weeks, all bringing different looks at the world of baseball.

We will have Cubs and Cardinals previews up before tomorrow night's game begins. Like the name implies, we're going to try to post something everyday, but it might be slow in the outgoing. We are looking for someone to write a West Coast point of view maybe so if any of the literally zeroes of fans are interested, send me an email and we'll talk.

Baseball season starts tomorrow night with Braves and Phillies. Almost every other team is in action on Monday. Enjoy it.

No comments: