BREAKING: Manny Ramirez suspended 50 games

ESPN is reporting right now that Los Angeles Dodgers star Manny Ramirez has been suspended for 50 games by Major League Baseball for a positive test for a performance-enhancing substance.

Stay tuned here to the Daily Balk for further information.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

NL East preview

Gentleman Jim: NL East
Shaun Parent: I pick the Mets.
Gentleman Jim: Can we write off the Nats and the Marlins?
Shaun Parent: Nats yes.
Shaun Parent: Marlins?
Coryhouser: Marlins ehhhhhhhhhhhh
Shaun Parent: Well...
Coryhouser: Probably
Shaun Parent: I say no
Gentleman Jim: What do they have?
Shaun Parent: I say there's going to be a fierce battle between them and the Phillies for the 2nd horse in that division.
Gentleman Jim: You think they're better than the Braves?
Shaun Parent: They can be.
Gentleman Jim: Interesting.
Shaun Parent: Honestly, even with tonight's win, the Braves don't seem that scary to me.
Gentleman Jim: I kinda like the Braves offense, but not as much as the Mets or the Phils
Coryhouser: Agreed
Shaun Parent: The Mets will finally break the September curse this year and win the division.
Gentleman Jim: I think the Phils are gonna regret letting Pat Burrell go.
Coryhouser: Yeah, bad idea
Shaun Parent: Who'd they replace him with?
Gentleman Jim: Raul Ibanez
Gentleman Jim: Good young guy
Shaun Parent: Yeeeeeeeeeeah.
Shaun Parent: We'll find out.
Gentleman Jim: Ibanez was solid last year in Seattle.
Shaun Parent: Not hard to be the standout in Seattle when your teammates are sh*t.
Coryhouser: Minus Ichiro
Coryhouser: J.J. was good for them
Gentleman Jim: I want to take the Phils but I just can't
Coryhouser: Ibanez is batting 6th for them
Gentleman Jim: Ok.
Shaun Parent: I'm not impressed.
Gentleman Jim: Yeah, ok I regretfully take the Mets.
Shaun Parent: And Cory?
Coryhouser: You took the Mets, Shaun?
Shaun Parent: Yessir.
Coryhouser: As much as I hate the Phillies, I'm going to take them
Gentleman Jim: Oh ok
Coryhouser: ?
Gentleman Jim: I wanted to, but I just couldn't do it
Shaun Parent: Good man.
Coryhouser: J.J.'s washed up
Coryhouser: K-Rod always seemed to give up at least a hit or a walk when he would close with the Angles
Coryhouser: *Angels
Coryhouser: It's a good one-two punch
Coryhouser: If J.J. pitches in the 8th and K-Rod in the 9th
Gentleman Jim: yeah they'll be ok
Coryhouser: Eh
Gentleman Jim: Any other East comments?
Coryhouser: Nats suck
Coryhouser: move on
Coryhouser: lol
Shaun Parent: rofl
Gentleman Jim: lol
Shaun Parent: Yeah

No comments: